Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fractal Quotes

Over the years, I've had lots of silly thoughts (that's what happens when your job is mental gymnastics). Some of those thoughts can be captured nicely in a quote. I call them "fractal quotes". Many of them are cheesy, but maybe some of them will make your head spin. Enjoy, and remember to hit the reset button on your brain when you're done.

  1. "First of all, the last word of this sentence is first."
  2. "I washed my hands, for the tap handles were dirty."
  3. "Would you ever say no to me?"
  4. "One of my favourite numbers is e."
  5. "I've learned my lesson... three times now."
  6. "I can't stand sitting."
  7. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except for those things
    that maim you for life."
  8. "This sentance is not worth mentioning."
  9. "Punctuation matters, period!"
  10. "It goes without saying."
  11. "My brain has a mind of its own."
  12. "This is the least I've weighed since I was slighly heavier!"
  13. "I'm tired of losing sleep."
  14. "The number-one cause of death is life."
  15. "A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's proof.
    This 40x50 pixel graylevel image has 8 bits per pixel, for a total of 2000 bytes, or 1000 words."
  16. "My calculation was off by a factor of 1."
  17. "This line has intentionally been left blank."
  18. "The first word of a sentence should always evoke interest in
    the reader."
  19. "I refuse to use 'Buzzwords'."
  20. "A little bit of pain never hurt anyone."
  21. "Please refrain from reading this line."
  22. "Do we really need rhetorical questions?"
  23. "This is a self-reference (taken by permission from Orchard2000)."
  24. "My opinion is the right one, but that's just my opinion."
  25. "I could sense the presence of her absence."
  26. "I'm pretty well-rounded... especially when it comes to specific
    tasks."
  27. "You can make your own decisions, or you can let me make them
    for you. It's up to you."
  28. "Using a simile is like taking someone else's art work and signing
    your name on it."
  29. "There comes a time, in every person's life, when a time comes."
  30. "Incy-wincy spider went up the water spout.
    Down came the rain and this verse doesn't rhyme."
  31. "Don't be afraid to be fearless."
  32. "I'm younger now than I am now."
  33. "I leaned over to pick my ruler up off the floor.
    And as I leaned, my arm shifted and nudged my binder,
    which pushed the ruler on my desk, and it fell...
    right to the place where my hand was reaching.
    So I picked up my ruler."

No comments:

Post a Comment